Rinjani Trekking – 2 Days 1 Night Via Sembalun Start in Sembalun village Sembalun crater rim Summit End in Sembalun village We recommend this tour package if you don’t have much time in Lombok but don’t want to leave without standing on the highest point of the island‘s heart. Watch the sun rising up from the summit of Mt. Rinjani before you are heading to your next travel destination. This tour is suitable for average and experienced hikers as well as for beginners and children with a good fitness.
On the first day after an early breakfast at your accommodation we will bring you to the registration at National Geopark office in Sembalun. The journey starts at open grassland of the Sembalun valley and continues for a short time through rain forest where you can see some macaques curious about the strangers passing their homeland. A few short breaks and a lunch break strengthen you for the trek through the savannah and the steep part up the Mt. Rinjani crater with wide views over the Sembalun valley. Depending on your fitness you will reach the Sembalun crater rim where your porters already built up your campsite after around 7 hours. Enjoy your well-deserved and freshly cooked dinner there while watching sunset over Mt. Rinjani. Prepare and strengthen yourself for the upcoming and very challenging hike to the summit after a short night.You will get up at 2.30am having a small pre-breakfast. All of you equipped with flashlights your guide will lead you during the 3-hours-climb to the summit. Three steps up and two steps down again, annoyed and sleepy you will wish to be back in bed again. But that is out of question, stay patient and strong. You will make it! Your guide will be there to motivate and help you wherever he can. Once you have reached the top of Mt. Rinjani take your time to feel the inner satisfaction and pride while watching the sunrise over Mt. Rinjani‘s countryside. Hug your guide and everyone who is crossing your way. Take as many pictures as you can. In short, just enjoy it!
The way back down to the campsite where you will have breakfast takes around 1,5 hours. Another 6 hours descent through the savannah of the Sembalun valley including a few short breaks and a lunch break again will be the end of your 2-day-tour to Mt. Rinjani. Back in Sembalun village we are ready to bring you to your accommodation in Senaru or to your next destination on Lombok.
What is include?
- Transfer to Senaru from all over Lombok
- 1 night in a guesthouse in Senaru before the trek
- Entrance fee to national park
- English Speaking Guide and porters
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping bags, mattresses, toilet tent)
- Cooking equipment
- Food and drinks during your trek (breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, fresh fruits, bottled water – 2 litres/person/day, tea, coffee, softdrinks)
- Transfer to your next destination in Lombok
It’s included everything like in the Superior package plus
- 1 free dinner at your guesthouse
- trekking sticks
- Trekking clothes (shoes, jackets, pants)
- Tips for guide and porters
Recommend to bring
- Trekking shoes
- 2-4 T-shirts
- 2 jackets (1 warm, 1 windproof)
- Trekking pants (1 long, 1 short)
- Headlamp/flashlight (if you trek to summit)
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs
- Small towel
- Sun block
- Insect repellent
- Personal medications
- Sandals for the Campsites (optional)
- Trekking sticks (optional, can also be rented in Senaru)
If you have any questions or inquiries, feel free to contact us, we are stand by to help